Beaker is a library for caching and sessions for use with web applications and
stand-alone Python scripts and applications. It comes with WSGI middleware for
easy drop-in use with WSGI based web applications, and caching decorators for
ease of use with any Python based application.
- Lazy-Loading Sessions: No performance hit for having sessions active in a request unless they’re actually used
- Performance: Utilizes a multiple-reader / single-writer locking system to prevent the Dog Pile effect when caching.
- Mulitple Back-ends: File-based, DBM files, memcached, memory, and database (via SQLAlchemy) back-ends available for sessions and caching
- Cookie-based Sessions: SHA-1 signatures with optional AES encryption for client-side cookie-based session storage
- Flexible Caching: Data can be cached per function to different back-ends, with different expirations, and different keys
- Extensible Back-ends: Add more backends using setuptools entrypoints to support new back-ends.